Monday, January 4, 2010

Nap time quilt


Happy new year everyone!

Over the holiday season I did not sew a lot. Part was taking time and just eating a lot and playing with the kids and visiting with friends and part is that my studio floor is in the middle of being replaced after the flood we had in the basement.
So I found myself Sat night dragging my sewing machine and iron upstairs to start a nap blanket for the little one.
She is starting preschool today and I wanted to make her something cozy and special to have.
I got great new fabric from Fabricworm . How could I resist these dots? I also fell in love with the retro / folksy Japanese fabric.
The sad part was I could not use all of the colours and designs and had to choose my favorites.
It ended up crazy and lovely and happy and dotty. Just like I planned.....
I loosely based the quilt on the pillow on the front cover of the Spring 2009 Stitch magazine. It is very easy and fast . I can see myself using this way of quilting again. Not too much measuring and the potential to use a lot of scraps and a nice end result.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

A. will be napping in style at the pink house! So lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails