Monday, April 4, 2011

Linen skirt.

After my promise to sew more for myself I have purchased and cut some skirts to sew for summer, but found myself needing an in between skirt that is not made from summer prints and will go with "most" of my other clothes.
Enter the linen skirt, and what better colors to use than latte brown and grey-ish black!

As you can see it goes really well with a red and white polka dot sweater!

I came across this great skirt from Anna Maria Horner. And I think what my skirt needs is one more row of elastic. I also did not make mine so wide and measured my hips and added a bit onto the side to help it fit. It is true that wearing it higher in the waist makes the skirt fit, flattering. 
I can't wait to wear it with a t-shirt and cardigan!

Anna Maria Horner



1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The skirts look great on you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails