Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Placemats and napkins

January only has one thing going for it. My son's school has a silent auction fundraiser.
This is a big event for the school and everyone is very excited!

For the event I am donating six placemats and matching napkins with a carry bag.




These look so very summery to me with the red and white oil cloth . The placemats have cotton fabric as a backing. I finished them with a double fold wide bias binding.

This is how I sew the napkins:

I  fold the napkin seams over twice in stead of using the Serger and then sewing the seam. When I get to the end of a seam I stop the machine in the needle down position, lift the foot and roll the seam under the machine foot. Now lower the foot onto the seam.


Then I sew forward one stitch , stop again with the needle in the down position , lift the foot of the machine, turn the fabric, lower the foot and sew backwards to secure the corner. Now you are ready to sew another side.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails